Search the Library
Welcome to WalkS.A.F.E.
CompWest’s slip and fall elimination safety campaign.
In addition to the information on this page, visit our Resource Library to find safety articles, eLearnings, printable PDFs, videos and other materials to help you reduce slips and falls throughout the year.
Preparing for Slippery Conditions
For areas that may see wintery weather conditions, staying prepared is the first step to eliminating slip and fall hazards. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Keep written schedules, housekeeping checklists, maintenance procedures and other standard forms to help monitor hazardous areas.
- Ensure you have access to weather advisory alert systems.
- Make a plan for when off-premise work is necessary.
- Maintain a supply of salt, sand and/or other ice melters.
- Follow directions for ice melt to determining quantity and frequency of use and the proper PPE required during application.
- Obtain proper footwear (boots, ice cleats, indoor shoes).
- Post slip/trip/fall advisories around the work place.
- Ensure entryway mats and housekeeping supplies are on the ready.
Contact your dedicated CompWest loss control consultant or visit our resource library for more WalkS.A.F.E. tips, tools and information.
Share this resource:
URL coppied to clipboard.
Or send it directly to someone via our email form: