To help our customers avoid unnecessary claims costs, CompWest developed a new legal strategy for handling disputed cases. CompWest Accelerated Resolution Effort, CARE 2.0, was created in an effort to accelerate the resolution of disputed litigated claims to minimize unnecessary medical treatment, avoid the development of massive medical lien balances, and limit extended disability periods while the case is routed through the legal system.
With CARE 2.0, 95% of disputed claims will actually settle before going to trial. In addition, early resolution means:
- Exposure of the case and potential liens are limited.
- CompWest can quickly move the file to close.
- Early settlement costs are less than a later settlement.
- The scope of the award can typically be limited.
Elements of the program not only reduce the cost of individual claims, but CARE 2.0 can also result in a lower experience mod by capping the exposure with a quick settlement versus watching the claim play out for multiple years while the exposure grows and reserves escalate.
- CompWest medical networks contain experienced occupational medical physicians.
- Every customer has immediate access to an assigned claims adjuster, as our adjusters have low caseloads to provide superior customer service.
- We embrace injured employees and work to expedite their recovery.
- CompWest uses a specialized medical network with in-house utilization review and medical resources to accelerate medical treatment while reducing the costs involved.
- Our multi-lingual claims specialists can better care for injured workers whose first language is not English.
- Our Special Investigation Unit (SIU) identifies and assists in workers’ compensation fraud prevention.